Massage therapy has many benefits. It has been known to fight a large number of conditions. Some benefits include relief from joint and muscle pain, increased blood circulation as well as stress and depression reduction. It has also been known to detoxify the body and remove waste and toxins from the body. Consistent manual massages at least once per month or more allows a significantly higher chance of relieving stress and minimizing pain and injury. Massage therapy is recommended for a number of conditions and illnesses. Some examples include but are not limited to: arthritis, TMJ, immune system related issues, muscle spasms, insomnia, and fibromyalgia.
Some massage therapy options we offer are:
- Deep tissue massages which involves more intense muscle manipulation
- Relaxation massages which relax tense muscles an eases stress
- Sports massages that help with sports related injuries and can help speed recoveries and minimize pain
- Pregnancy massages that tend to the unique need of the expectant mother. Pre-natal massages are especially gentle and tailored to provide comfort and protection to the mother and baby from strain or injury.
- Lymphatic massages reduce muscle swelling, which increases blood flow and supports proper lymphatic system functioning
- Myofascial Release involves applying gentle pressure to the myofascial connective tissue restrictions and it relaxes contracted muscles
- Rehabilitative massages are designed to support healing of injuries and restoring full range of motion.
We offer 30 minute massages, 45 minute, one hour and up to two hour massages.
Call our office at 706-557-0211 to make an appointment with one of our licensed massage therapists today!
Shawanda Simmons - available Monday and Thursday
Claudia Muzyka-D'Arrigo - available Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Paula Dominy - available every other Tuesday